Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Too much!

Why do I still have to pay 12.99 for a Kindle release?  Who pays that much for ones and zeros?  I know people are paying it because the book I'm looking at--Charlaine Harris's latest--is #26 in Kindle.  If it were in hardcover I'd wait for the paperback to come out, or I'd buy a trade because they look nice on my shelf.  I hope the big publishers get on board with an ebook business model that isn't all about screwing the readers and authors.  Kindles have shown that if getting your hands on books is cheaper and easier, more people will read, and people will read more.  Which means that a lower price point will earn them a higher volume.  I'm officially not buying any ebook that costs more than $9.99, no matter how much I love the author or the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment